Пятница, 19.04.2024, 03:48

Главная
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS  

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Модератор форума: Random  
Форум » World of Warcraft: Классы » Monk (Монах) » Mistweaver Monk PvP Guide (PvP Guide)
Mistweaver Monk PvP Guide
steplerДата: Четверг, 04.10.2012, 14:54 | Сообщение # 1
Младший Журналист
Награды: 1
Статус: Offline
Mistweaver PvP Guide/overview:
First week of beta (22/3/2012)
INC HUGE WALL OF TEXT!
DISCLAIMER: ALL this information is subject to change. It is BETA. Nothing is final. In addition, most of this is theory crafting. If you find any mistakes (Spelling, grammar, content ect) feel free to comment. I'll do my best to update this guide as the content changes. To make it a bit easier to read, most of my personal comments are in [Brackets].
Keep the discussion CONSTRUCTIVE! Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ THIS IS REGARDING PVP ONLY (Mostly arena) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sections:
Who am I?
I am not the expert of high end arena. I play a Balance Druid named Nagoto and have been on wow since launch. My highest 3s is only 2.2k but I feel I have a rather firm grasp on the game overall. As of MoP I will be re-rolling a Mistweaver Monk and making it my main.
Monk Into-
• Monk is the new hybrid class coming out with the expansion.
• The three talent specs are; Brewmaster (Tank), Windwalker(DPS) and Mistweaver(Healer)
• They use leather armor. Brewmaster and Windwalker use Agi. Mistweaver uses Int.
• They can use the following weapon types: Fist Weapons, One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, One-Handed Swords, Polearms, Staves.
• All races can be Monk BESIDES Worgen and Goblin.
• All Monks specs have Chi, (Up to 4) which they build though various abilities like Holy Power or Combo Points. Brewmaster and Windwalker have energy as their other resource. Mistweavers have a stance that replaces their energy with mana.

What is a Mistweaver?-
Mistweaver is looking to be one of the most versatile and skill oriented healers in the game. We don’t follow the basic Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal setup we see now on live. We heal through Spheres we place on the ground, HoTs, Channels and our Melee damage. We have a lot of fun tools to play with and bring a lot to the table. Hope your chair is comfortable; this is going to be a ride.
Categories-
1. Healing Spells
2. Melee Abilities
3. Utility Spells
4. Crowd Control1. Healing Spells-

Base Line Spells;

• Healing Sphere
• 300 Mana, 40 yard range, 1.37 sec cast

• You form a Healing Sphere out of healing mists at the target location for 30 seconds. If allies walk through it, they consume the sphere, healing themselves for 4,928. Maximum of 3 Healing Spheres can be active by the Monk at any given time.
[This heal seems like it's going to require a decent skill cap as well as communication with your team. You have two options it seems like, spread them out to have 3 individual heals available, or stack 3 orbs on top of each other for a large burst heal. The first idea that came to my mind was WARLOCKS! If you're running with a warlock, you have the option to place 3 orbs on their Portal. Lock getting trained, and you're in a CC? Port, bam! instant burst heal when they are safe in LoS. This along with Expel Harm are going to be your bread and butter heals.]
• Expel Harm
• 400 Mana, Melee Range, Instant Cast, 15 sec cooldown
• Instantly heals the target for 14,896, and causes 120% of the amount healed to instantly be dealt to a nearby enemy as damage within 5 yards of the target.
• NOTE: AFFECTED BY Teachings of the Monastery (LVL 72)
• Expel Harm no longer has a cooldown as Mistweaver.
• When you Jab or Expel Harm, the cast time of your next Surging Mist is reduced by 50%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 12 seconds.

[This is going to destroy melee teams that have the foolish idea of killing you or your teammates. This spell in one global cooldown; Heals your target, does spike damage to a nearby enemy (Most likely a melee or a pet), and gives you a stacking buff reducing the cd on your next Surging Mist. This is HUGE! Add in the fact that is has no CD for being Mist spec, this ability almost makes me feel safe being up in the fray with my partners. It does not generate or use chi. It will probably have a weird situational place in our priority. The only drawback is that it requires melee range. So odds are do NOT use this near an enemy priest! wink ]
Specialization Spells;
• Chi Wave (LVL 7)
• 2 Chi, 40 yard range, Instant, 20 sec cooldown
• Requires Serpent Stance
• You cause a wave of Chi energy to flow through friend and foe, dealing 3,843 damage or 3,843 healing. Bounces up to 5 times to targets within 10 yards.
[As of now on beta this works like the priest spell Prayer of Mending, the main difference is that it can bounce through an enemy and deal damage as well. The same Chi Wave can go through enemies and allies. Example: You are hitting a mob, cast Chi Wave on yourself (5 charges), you get hit; it heals you and bounces to the mob (4 charges). It then deals damage to the mob and bounces back to you (3Charges). This continues until it runs out.
I have really mixed feelings about this spell. It is really cool how you don't have to have an ally near you to keep it bouncing. But I have a few concerns because it SOUNDS like (I will test asap);
You have 0 Control over it jumping between friend or foes. It could bounce between the enemy teammates or even pets. Negating the healing to your partners.
If you DO have no control over this, it could potentially jump to a CC'ed target (Someone that's Pollied, Reped, or Trapped) and BREAK that CC! If this is the case, this ability will be comp dependent. I doubt I'd use it at all when I'm running with a mage or hunter. This could potentially be a gap in our healing.]

Soothing Mists (LVL 18)
• 200 Mana plus 200 per second, 40 yard range, Channeled
• Heals the target for 5,144 over 7.33 seconds.
• If your healing done by Soothing Mists is completely effective, you have a 25% chance to generate 1 Chi
[This spell on its own is basically a long penance. And should be one of your main heals if you cannot get into melee range for Jab to generate Chi.
The tooltip is rather unclear. It either means; the heal must be used the FULL 7.33 seconds to have the 25% chance to gain 1 chi, OR that if your target is affected by a healing reducing debuff (MS), the heal will not be able to generate chi.
Most likely it is just that the spell needs to be completed. Seeing as any team with an MS effect cripples your ability to generate Chi from a range. 7.33 seconds is still extremely long time though. Thankfully we have the next move. Surging Mist.]

• Surging Mist (LVL 34)
• 1000 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast ( I think this is a tooltip error. Judging by the effects from Teaching Monastery. Though I could be wrong and Teaching Monastery's tooltip is incorrect.)
• Heals the lowest health friendly target within 40 yards for 12,865.
• If cast while channeling Soothing Mists, Surging Mist will be instant cast and heal that target over all others.
[The way I understand this spell works is like this. You are channeling Soothing Mists on person A, as you are channeling you target person B and use Surging Mist. It completes the Soothing Mist on Person B, giving you a chance to gain a chi (Since the spell was completed) and does a burst heal on person B.
This spell costs 5 times as much as Soothing, and will most likely be used for an emergency big heal. Not all the time.]
NOTE: AFFECTED BY Teachings of the Monastery (LVL 72)
• Surging Mist
When you Jab or Expel Harm, the cast time of your next Surging Mist is reduced by 50%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 12 seconds.
• Renewing Mist (LVL 42)
• 400 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast
• You surround the target with healing mists, restoring 1,406 health every 0.92 for 10.08 seconds to up to 3 friendly targets within 8 yards.
• Renewing Mist travels from friendly target to target when it heals, up to $n times.
[Renewing Mist is a Rejuvenation that bounces... This heal will be incredible in PvE. I'm not sure if it will have a place in PvP for us outside of big BG battles of World pvp, as it neither generates nor consumes Chi. The only time I could see this being viable in 3s, or 5s, is Hoting 3 targets and then using our next ability. Uplift.]
• Uplift (LVL 62)
• 2 Chi, Instant
• Instantly refreshes the duration of all of your Renewing Mist periodic effects on allies, and heals them for 3,304.

[A swiftmend that refreshes our HoT? Yes please! The only issue is that Uplift uses 2Chi. But Renewing Mist does not generate any chi. It could be a bit clunky in arena. Example; Jab, Jab (2chi), renewing Mist on you and your partners, then cast Uplift. That is 6 GCDs. ]
• Mastery: Gift of the Serpent (LVL 80)
• You have a 25.5% chance when you heal to summon a Solace Sphere nearby an injured ally.
• Each point of Mastery increases the chance to summon a Solace Sphere by an additional 3%.
[Finally we have our mastery. It summons an orb near an ally we heal. Though it still needs to be tested. I think it will be similar to Healing Sphere. How strong mastery will be greatly depends on if Solace Spheres count towards the 3 Orb limit that Healing Sphere describes. If it IS affected by it, we will most likely avoid it due to the fact that we will want to keep Healing Spheres up as much as possible.
If it is NOT affected by the orb limit, this mastery will be extremely potent. You will have the area littered with small orbs just waiting to be used. I couldn't even imagine all the orbs spawning due to Renewing Mist.
This mastery will also be directly affected by Haste. More haste means more heals, and therefore more mastery procs.
It will only be affected by Crit, if the orbs heal more based on Critical heals.]

Summon Jade Serpent Statue (LVL 70)
• 1200 Mana, 40 yard range, 4.58 sec cast
• Summons a Jade Serpent Statue at the target location. Lasts for 15 minutes. Limit 2 Statues. Only two Statues can be active or summoned within a combat session.
o Eminence (passive)
o When the Monk deals damage, the summoned Jade Serpent Statues will heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards equal to 50% of the damage done.
[Monks (With this statue down) can heal their allies though melee abilities. This will greatly affect how you choose to play as a monk healer! The choice comes down to comp type, who you're fighting (Girrr Priests) and mostly your own preference.]

2. Melee Abilities-
Note: All Melee Abilities are baseline.
We have two melee ability that generate Chi.
• Clobber/ Club/ Pike/ Sever
• 40 Energy, Melee Range, Instant
• You (Insert witty ability name) the target with your (Insert Weapon Type), dealing (Varies on weapon type. It looks like 2h Weps and slower weps deal more dmg) damage and generating 1 Chi.

• Jab
• 40 Energy, Melee Range, Instant
• You Jab the target, dealing 139 damage and generating 1 Chi.
• NOTE: AFFECTED BY Teachings of the Monastery (LVL 72)
When you Jab or Expel Harm, the cast time of your next Surging Mist is reduced by 50%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 12 seconds

[You have two choices depending on how you want to play. Use jab which has almost no damage output and reduces the cast time on Surging Mist, or your other ability which does more damage, and therefore healing if you have your statues up.]

• Blackout Kick
• 2 Chi, Melee Range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown
• Kick with a blast of sha energy, causing 471 Physical damage to an enemy target. Only useable on targets at or below 35% health.
• If the target is killed by Blackout Kick, you are refunded 1 Chi.
[Our own personal Execute. Use it to help finish off an enemy. The extra chi is just a bonus. Make sure you put an orb on their corpse for extra taunting.]• Spinning Crane Kick
• 1 Chi, Instant
• Requires Serpent Stance, Ox Stance, Tiger Stance
• You spin while kicking in the air, dealing 218 Phsyical damage every 1 second to all nearby enemies within 8 yards. Movement speed is reduced by 30%. Lasts 6 seconds.
• NOTE: With Teachings of the Monastery (LVL 72) it also heals nearby allies for 100% of the damage dealt.
[An AoE damage and heal that cannot be kicked. Must be in melee range for it. This will be fantastic against melee teams. Warrior pop bladestorm? Pft, Spinning Crane Kick them back!]

Touch of Death
• 4 Chi, Melee Range, Instant, 1.5 min cooldown
• Requires Ox Stance, Tiger Stance
• You exploit the enemy target's weakest point, instantly killing them.
• Only usable on non-player targets who have equal or less health than you
NOTE: This has NO EFFECT ON PVP!! NONE. I’m merely listing it because I want to show a complete list of our spells.
3. Utility-
Base Line;
• Detox
• 520 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast, 8 sec cooldown
• Eliminates ailments from the friendly target, removing all harmful Poison and Bleed effects.
^^Mistweaver ONLY: Internal Medicine (LVL 20)^^
• Your detox spell now also clears all Magical effects when used
[Monk is the only healer in the game that can cleanse bleeds. This straight counters any team with a feral. Other than that nothing special. Should be used off cooldown.]
• Legacy of the Emperor
• 40 yard range, Instant
• You extol the words of the last emperor, increasing Strength, Agility, and Intellect by 5%.
• If the target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.
[Kings for your team, yay buffs!]
• Meditation
• Channeled, 3 min cooldown
• Reduces all damage taken by 99% and redirects to you all harmful spells cast against your allies within 30 yards. Lasts 10 seconds.
• Being the victim of a melee attack will break your Meditation, cancelling the effect.
[This spell can be extremely powerful if used correctly against spell caster teams. Run behind LoS and channel it. A few ideas that come to mind are having a Mage place a Ring of Frost around you to prevent you from being meleed. Ring of Peace (See talents) or even smoke bomb could work as well. Though I'm not sure you would want to waste a bomb defensively. The tooltip makes it sound as though AoE spells can still hit you. But will not break the channel.]
Specialization Spells;
• Stance of the Wise Serpent (LVL 10)
• Increases healing done by 20%, and replaces your Energy resource to Mana.
• Any ability which costs Energy will now cost Mana instead.
[You should be in the 100% of the time. MANDATORY.]
• Jasmine Force Tea (LVL 24)
• 0 Mana plus 1200 per second, Channeled
• You regenerate 1 Chi every 2 seconds for 3 seconds.
[No CD as of now. You can trade mana for Chi]

• Cherry Mana Tea (LVL 56)
• Channeled
• For each 3 Chi you consume, you gain a charge of Mana Tea.
• Use Mana Tea to consume the charges. Each charge restores 5% of you maximum mana. Mana Tea must be channeled, lasting 1 second per stack. Mana Tea can stack up to 50 times.
• Cancelling the channel will not waste stacks.
[You convert 3 Chi into stacks of backloaded mana to be consumed later. If these stacks cannot be dispelled, this ability will help against teams that drag on or against mana burns.]

• Thunder Focus Tea (LVL 66)
• 1 Chi, Instant
• You receive a jolt of energy, doubling the healing done by your next Surging Mist or Uplift within 10 seconds.
[Healing CD for only 1Chi, Ill take it happily.]

• Summon Jade Serpent Statue (LVL 70)
• 1200 Mana, 40 yard range, 4.58 sec cast
• Summons a Jade Serpent Statue at the target location. Lasts for 15 minutes. Limit 2 Statues. Only two Statues can be active or summoned within a combat session.
o Serpent's Salve (on-click effect)
o Allies can right-click on the Statue to instantly be healed for 3,786. 10 charges.
[I'm listing this statue again because it acts like a lightwell. Giving your allies an instant heal when they click on it. One trick I KNOW works with lightwell, but will have to be tested with this is that you can click it while stunned and still get the heal.]

• Revival (LVL 78)
• 1400 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast, 3 min cooldown
• You revive the target's spirit, temporarily resurrecting them for until cancelled with 50% health and mana.
• Revival does not count towards the combat resurrection limit.
[This ability will most likely NOT be available for use in Arena and RBGs due to the fact that is basically a battle rez.]
Baseline Spells;
• Roll
• 50 Energy, Instant
• Roll a short distance.
["Fox, do a barrel roll!", Sorry had to get that joke out of the way. When you are in Stance of the Wise Serpent, this spell has no cost but is put on a cd. It is similar to a blink. This will give us awesome mobility. Rolling to avoid fears, into and out of LoS and it’s just overall awesome.]
• Fortifying Ale
• Instant, 3 min cooldown
• Increases your health by 100%, but you cannot be healed. Lasts 20 seconds.
[One of our major OH SH*T cooldowns. You can use it when you are trying to juke incase to get locked out. Make sure to make a cancel aura macro to take it off when you need to so you can heal yourself again!]

• Resuscitate
• 40 yard range, 9.16 sec cast
• Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with 35% maximum health and mana. Cannot be cast in combat.
• Cast time reduced by 50% if target is within melee range.
[This is one ability that I feel will be broken and OP if it goes live. The 50% speed increase will most likely NOT be allowed in arena or RBGs. With haste or power infusion you could get off a rez in an absurdly short time.]

4.Crowd Control-
Note: All CC is BASELINE for Mistweaver!
• Crackling Jade Lightning
• 600 Mana, 40 yard range, Channeled
• Channels Jade Lightning at the target, causing 4,116 Nature damage over 5.50 seconds.
• If the enemy attacks you within melee range while victim to Crackling Jade Lightning, they are knocked back a short distance. This effect has an 8 second cooldown.
[*Wiggles Fingers* "FEAR THE SITH! Bwhahhahaha" Erm.. wait wrong game. Anyways! It has a nice knockback effect and the damage heals when you have your statue down. My only worry is that if you get kicked while casting this it will probably lock out your heals.]

• Disable
• 15 Energy, Melee Range, Instant
• You attempt to disable the target's movement, reducing their movement speed by 25%. Stacks up to 2 times.
• If you use Disable a third time on a target while they have 2 stacks, all stacks will be consumed and they will be rooted for 8 seconds.
[Works sort of like improved hamstring does on live. First hit, 25% slow, next, 50% slow, 3rd roots them. Will help with having uptime on a target if you're healing through damage. But it has too much of a ramp up time to be considered a reliable peel.]
• Grapple Weapon
• 40 yard range, Instant, 1 min cooldown
• You fire off a rope spear, grappling the target's weapon and shield, returning them to you. Depending on the quality of the weapon, your damage done, healing done, and damage reduction may be increased.
[The tooltip is mildly unclear. This looks like a ranged Disarm that grants you a buff depending on the weapons you are taking away from the enemy. Has the potential to be very powerful if used correctly.]

• Paralysis
• Melee Range, Instant 15 sec cooldown
• You cause the target's muscles to contract, incapacitating them for 30 seconds. If done from behind the target, the duration is doubled. Only one target can be victim to Paralysis at any given time. Any damage taken will cancel the effect.
[One of our main CC, if you take the Deadly Reach talent it increases the range to 40 yards. Looks like it will share DR with Sap and Repentance.]

• Quaking Palm
• Melee Range, Instant, 2 min cooldown
• Strikes the target with lightning speed, incapacitating them for 4 seconds, and turns off your attack.
[Gouge on a 2min CD.]

• Spear Hand
• 30 Energy, Melee Range, Instant, 30 sec cooldown
• Requires Ox Stance, Tiger Stance
• You jab the target in their throat, interrupting their spell cast and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 5 seconds.
• If the enemy is facing you, when they cast, they are also silenced out of all schools for 5 seconds.
[This is our interrupt; it's on a longer cooldown than most melee kicks. This is due to the fact that if you get a kick while they are faceing you, you don't just lock out that school. You lock them ALL out. This means that if you kick a disc priest that is useing a shadow spell, you can lock out their healing school. Kick a fire mage casting scorch, you just made it so he can’t block, do damage, or CS for 5 seconds.]

Talents-
Tier 1 Level 15
• Intuition
o Your roll ability cost no Chi. This effect becomes inactive for 15 seconds after use.
• Celerity
o Your roll ability will move you at a slightly longer distance, and at a slightly quicker speed.
• Momentum
o Every time you roll, you gain a stacking 10% movement speed buff. Stacks up to 3 times.
[Intuition looks like a type, as of now it costs nothing for Mistweaver, and energy for the other two. I'd most likely pick Celerity over Momentum due to the fact that we have our roll on a CD.]Tier 2 Level 30
• Mystery Talent
o Coming soon?
• Ascendance
o Increases the amount of maximum Chi by 1.
• Jiny'u Cider
o Instant, 1.5 min cooldown
o Instantly restores all your Chi.
[This is sorta hard to chooise mainly because we don't know the 3rd choice yet. Depending on your comp, if you feel you don't have enough healing Cds. take the Cider. if you want the option to backload more healing or damage. Take ascendance.]Tier 3 level 45
• Deadly Reach
o Your Paralysis ability is now usable from 40 yards away.
• Charging Ox Wave
o 1 Chi, 40 yard range, Instant
o A mighty Ox effigy rushes towards the target, stunning all enemies within its path for 3 seconds. When the Ox reaches the enemy, they and all nearby enemies within 0 yards are knocked back a short distance.
• Leg Sweep
o 1 Chi, Instant, 25 sec cooldown
o You knock down all enemies within 5 yards, effectively stunning them for 6 seconds.
[Though Charging Ox Wave sounds funny, it doesn't seem as valuable as the other two options. Choosing between Deadly Reach and Leg Sweep is HARD! It would honestly have to come down to what other CC your comp has. Take whichever will have less of a chance of DRing with your partners. Either way you get an amazing CC. a 40Yrd range incapacitate on a 15sec cd. Or an AoE kidney shot on a 25 sec cd.]

Tier 4 Level 60
• Beguile
o When attacked, your movement speed is increased by 3% and you cause all nearby enemies to move at 3% reduced speed within 8 yards. This effect can stack up to 6 times.
• Dematerialize
o Channeled, 45 sec cooldown
o You escape your Physical form, dematerializing into the ether avoiding all damage for 3 seconds.
• Tiger's Lust
o Melee Range, Instant, 1 min cooldown
o Instantly clears the target of all immobilizing and movement impairing effects, and increases their movement speed by 70% for 6 seconds.
[Beguile is a passive self peel in addition to helping with your uptime. Very cool but I feel it isn't as good as the other two options. Dematerialize is a personal defensive CD. Tiger's Lust is a single target Stampeding Roar (it clears, doesn't make you immune though) that requires you to be in melee range of your target. Both are situational. I'd most likely take Tiger's lust if running with a hunter, or a pure melee cleave.]

Tier 5 Level 75
• Chi Bind
o Instant, 1 min cooldown
o Binds yourself to your targeted statue with a tether of chi energy, causing any friend or foe caught in its path to take x damage or y healing.
• Chi Serpent
o 1 Chi, 60 yard range, Instant, 2 min cooldown
o You summon a ball of chi energy, dealing damage and healing all targets within its path within 60 yards.
o While it's traveling, you can discharge the sphere, dealing x damage/healing to all targets at it's current location and reducing/increasing all targets movement speed by 70% for 3 seconds, but cancelling the sphere.
• Chi Torpedo
o 50 Energy, Instant
o Torpedo a distance in front of you, dealing 1 damage to all enemies and 981 healing all allies in your path.
[This tier is fantastic and an extremely hard choice as I can see a few powerful uses for all of them. For Chi Bind, you could put your statue on one side of a pillar, and sit on the other side. The gap between you and the pillar would have a beam. Chi Serpent seems a little confusing at first, but has HUGE potential. You use the ability once, and you throw out an orb (like Frostfire Orb) that travels 60 yards. If you do not hit it against it will travel the full 60 yards doing minor heals to allys and minor damage to enemies. When you hit Chi Serpent AGAIN, it makes the orb explode. Dealing burst damage/heals to allys/enemies. In addition to a slow/speed boost. Imagine this, you are playing with a caster against a melee cleave and both melee are on your caster.. You toss your Chi Serpent into the cluster of them and detonate it. It heals your caster gives him/her a 70% speed boost, deals damage to the two melee and slows the melee by 70%. That is a 140% difference in speed giving your caster time to gain some distance. Another use could be tossing it through a smoke bomb you cannot reach (assuming you can detonate it without being in LoS. Chi Torpedo could be used like a super roll. Luanching yourself into a smokebomb to heal someone up. Flying into or out of LoS. Out of the three I think I’ll end up picking Chi Serpent.]

Tier 6 Level 90
• Ring of Peace
o Instant, 2 min cooldown
o Forms a sanctuary around you, causing all enemies to be unable to attack or cast harmful spells while within it. Lasts 10 seconds.
• Rushing Jade Wind
o 40 yard range, Instant, 2 min cooldown
o You encase the friendly or enemy target in a whirling jade tornado, becoming immune to all damage and healing and traveling at a quick speed in a distance in front of you.
• Chi Cocoon
o Channeled, 2 min cooldown
o You encase the friendly or enemy target in a cocoon, shielding them from all outside damage and healing and causing them unable to attack. Deals x damage to enemies and y healing to allies every 1 second for 8 seconds.
[Another extremely hard tier! One main use I think of with Ring of Peace is coupled with Meditate it can completely shutdown damage for a full 8 seconds. Jade Wind could be used to pull an ally through your own Healing Spheres, as well as to you. Chi Cocoon can be used either as a CC or a defensive CD. Acting like Cyclone and stopping all damage and heals (Besides Chi Cocoon's own healing affect). I honestly have no idea which I'm going to pick on live due to how versatile all three are.]

Fight Examples-
Now that wall of text might have been hard to digest and may have left you scratching your head over what to use when. The great thing (at least I think so) about monk healing is that it depends on you, your comp and what your fighting.
I’ll give a few scenarios to try and give a rough idea.
Note: this is all extremely situational.
Shadow Cleave (DK, Lock, Monk Healer) VS TSG (Hpally, War, DK) on Nagrand.
At the gate, you make sure you have your Legacy of the Emperor up on you and your partners. Gate opens you run to the left pillar. Your lock sets up a port. You place 3 Healing Spheres and your statue on top of his port. Your lock comes out to DotT, gets grips and thrown down. He eats it and is now down to 20%, ports and hits the orbs getting healed up. Your DK grips and pulls a melee over. You are now out of LoS of the pally (Can’t get HoJed or blinding light). You use jab on the melee to start building Chi. your partner is getting low. Since you’re in melee range you can Expel Harm. Healing them and dealing damage to the melee. By now the healer is in range. You are free to CC him with paralysis. You have Chi to deal damage and heal. Rotating Mist and Spheres at range. And melee ability and Expel harm. As you work in cleanse, CDs, CC and positioning.
Obviously no situation is perfect. Just trying to give a rough idea of an opener. You need to adapt depending on what you’re fighting. Running in to melee opens you up to CC and swaps. You need to be able to know when it’s safe to do dmg. Healing is ALWAYS your first priority. The damage is just An extra.

Credits-
All the spell information was taken from mmo-champion.com Thank you guys so much for all your coverage on the beta! You guys are fantastic!
I’d like to thank my 3’s partner Kazmera and Dynamicforce, as well as Sindish and Bo for helping with some of the theory crafting ideas.

Сообщение отредактировал stepler - Четверг, 04.10.2012, 14:57

Форум » World of Warcraft: Классы » Monk (Монах) » Mistweaver Monk PvP Guide (PvP Guide)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Rambler's Top100 Rambler's Top100
Copyright WoW Guide © 2024Хостинг от uCoz